Welcome to PG College Ghazipur
Post Graduate College, Ghazipur affiliated with Veer Bahadur Singh Purvanchal University, Jaunpur, and is accredited with B++ grade by NAAC.
- The college was founded as an affiliated college of the University of Gorakhpur in July, 1957 as the first Degree College of the Ghazipur district. Now it is affiliated to V.B.S. Purvanchal University, Jaunpur.
- The college is established under section 2(f) and 12 (B) of of U.G.C. Act.
- At present, the college has five faculties viz. Arts, Science, Agriculture , Commerce ,and Education.
- The college has well qualified faculty of 117 teaching staff with 94 administrative and 3 technical staff.
- Seventy two faculty members are Ph.D. degree holders. Thirteen books and more than 250 research papers have been published in journals of repute by faculty.
- The college was assessed by The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) in the year 2006 and is accredited with B++ Grade.
- The college is a multi-faculty with approximately 8000 students and 84 teaching staff.
Our Prominant Alumni
To provide quality education for all and help develop equal and just society by generating creative impulse and cultural development with emphases on science and technology to eradicate poverty and encourage modernization in this backward district of eastern part of Uttar Pradesh.
- To promote knowledge as power and arm people with information, skill, feeling and sentiments to contribute in national development
- To promote higher education to fulfil the social need and global requirements
- To encourage and adopt the holistic approach towards acquisition of knowledge in a knowledge- based society in this era of science and technology
- To inculcate spiritual and moral values into the young minds
- To impart quality education through useful course material, infrastructural development by incorporating feedback system
- To develop trained human resources through value added knowledge management